Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cran-brie poppers




We went to a small superbowl party this yr and all the usual suspects for food were being provided so I asked my mom for appetizer ideas. I am BAD with appetizers for some reason! She gave me this recipe and it was SO GOOD. Easy too! I will make these again for sure (they would be good with other flavors of jelly too, or maybe with cream cheese?)

Basically, you just get some phyllo dough and thaw it in the fridge. Depending on hte 'shape' of the phyllo, will affect how you wrap it (just play around to get it right). each piece will have 3/4 to 1 inch square of brie and a spoonful of canned cranberry sauce (whole berry kind). Wrap it up so there are a few layers around the cheese and fruit. Put them in a mini muffin pan and I brushed the top of each with a little melted butter to help it stick and brown.

Bake at 325 for 10-15 min (watch it though!)




So good - dont be like me though, wait for them to cool a little before you try to eat them :)


I baked this ahead and just warmed them when we got there - perfect!

4 comments:

That Girl said...

If you use puff pastry dough instead of phyllo dough you could have mini baked bries!

Deborah said...

These sound SO good!!

Megan said...

I *love* brie and these sound so good. I can see me making these many times.

Jaime said...

i love baked brie!!! this sounds amazing. i normally take some puff pastry and stuff it with a ton of brie and fruit preserves, but these mini ones sound even better :) i can't wait to this :) thanks!