Saturday, November 1, 2008

Daring Bakers: Eatsa Pizza!




I was excited for this month's challenge - PIZZA! I made homemade pizza for the first time a couple months ago and was pumped to try it again.


I was excited for the tossing requirement... unfortunately it was not meant to be. I thought I followed the directions in terms of getting the dough to the right consistency, but Im afraid mine was too wet. There was no tossing possible - it was way too soft! I kinda stretched it out some on my fist and then pushed it out the rest of the way.

But, it was still good! I made 4 pizzas:


Apple-onion chutney with sharp cheddar






Garlic-cream cheese topped wtih a mix of Romano and Fontina cheese, cooked bacon and artichoke hearts... YUM






A breakfast pizza with maple syrup, breakfast sausage, diced sauteed potatos, and topped with fried eggs on serving






And a dessert "Pumpkin Pizza Pie" which was cooked dry with cinnamon and sugar. Then topped with a mix of cream cheese and pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices.









What a fun challenge! Thanks to this month's host! Please check out her blog for the recipe and story behind this month's challenge!


I think I will stick to non-tossing, and to my old dough but this was a fun one to try :)

3 comments:

That Girl said...

This might be my favorite Daring Baker's challenge because of all the variations in pizzas.

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin pie pizza sounds delicious! Your other pizzas look yummy too. Too bad about not being able to toss your dough, it was kind of fun.

Anonymous said...

Garlic cheese cream sounds soooo GOOD! Great pizzas, it was a great challenge!