Friday, November 16, 2007

Honey Roasted Parsnips




I have never had parsnips (as far as I know at least) but I saw a recipe for this in teh new December Everyday Food and it looked interesting. I hit the stores and saw parsnips everywhere so figured, why not. They look like white carrots so I was expecting a more mild carrot flavor but its more like a mild version of sweet potatos, BUT they crisped up in the over much better than the sweet potatos do. This was fabulous and easy, and is definitely added to the veggie side rotation! YUM!




(orig recipe serves 4 - I halved it and it was perfect for Ryan and me)




1 package parsnips (1 pound), peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 2 inch lengths on the diagonal


toss with EVOO and kosher salt


Roast at 450 in rimmed baking sheet until brown (about 30 min) tossing halfway.




After pulling from oven drizzle a little honey (1 tsp at most) over the parsnips and toss to coat. Really good - if you want to try a new veggie this is the one! Very mild for picky eaters and so yummy.

No comments: