Friday, November 16, 2007

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies




I saw this recipe by Cara's Cravings floating around the cooking board that I frequent and the first opportunity I had I made them (for our local get together for the troops!). I doubled the recipe for a crowd and made it in a 9x13 pan so they were still nice and thick. When I started making them I realized I was short eggs if I needed to double it so I just made them short and kept my fingers crossed. They came out very well and I made them again for a Halloween party, this time with the correct number of eggs. Ryan and I prefered them with less eggs as they were a fudgier consistency so that is the recipe I am writing here (see the link above for the original). They are fabulous!


Batter


1.5 cups butter, melted


2 cup sugar


2 tbsp pure vanilla extract


3 eggs

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup cocoa powder


1/2 tsp salt


4 tsp cinnamon



Cheesecake Batter


12 oz cream cheese, softened


1 egg


2/3 cup sugar


4 tbsp flour


1 cup pumpkin puree


1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract


1 tsp cinnamon


1/2 tsp each ground ginger and ground cloves


Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 9x13" square metal baking pan. Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and then gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients. Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.


No comments: