Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh My Darlin' Clementine Salmon




I saw this recipe on the Good Things Catered Blog and used it as a jumping off point for a new salmon recipe. I am really picky with salmon - I have 2 recipes (one of which is just lemon juice and olive oil heehee) that I love and well nothing else seems to ever measure up. This was really good though - elevates my basic lemon salmon. For the original recipe, see the link. The main things I changed were the type of salsa (since we dont really care for cucumber salsa) and the cooking method (I finished in the pan instead of oven).


Ingredients:

2 salmon filets
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 c. dry white wine
1/8 tsp orange zest (I did zest of 2 clementines)
1/8 tsp lemon ( I just did zest of 1 lemon)
1 small garlic clove, minced
salt and ground rainbow peppercorns


Salsa
1 tomato, chopped fine
2 clementines, sections cut in thirds
1/3 a red onion, finely chopped

Directions:

Heat heavy saute pan over medium high heat .

Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add salmon, to hot pan and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.

Season top of salmon with zests, garlic, and salt and ground pepper. (I combined it in a bowl and them mixed and spooned onto
Flip steak in pan and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove skin from bottom of steak and discard (I used skinless).

In the meantime, mix tomato, chopped clementine, red onion, in a small bowl and set aside.




Add white wine to pan and swirl to coat. Flip salmon steak in pan and swirl to pick up bowned bits in pan halfway through. Cook till salmon is done through. Top fish with fresh tomato mixture and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Looks great! I'm flattered I helped inspire this awesome recipe! :)