Monday, June 23, 2008

Favorite Brownies


I love brownies. Homemade brownies are probably my fav dessert, and the food for which I demonstrate no control at all... I could eat an entire pan in a day, no problemo. And these are my favorite ones! The recipe is my moms... where she got it I dont know but she has been making them for as long as I can remember. The beauty of brownies is to make them from scratch is EASY. You dont need a mixer - best to mix by hand so you dont overbeat. Throw it all in a boal, mix until JUST combined, pour in a greased pan and bake! Easy as pie - except pie can be tricky. Easy as BROWNIES! :)
Deep Dish Brownies:
3/4 c melted butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 c flour
1/2 c baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c choc chips
Heat oven to 350. Grease 8x8 pan. In medium mixing bowl blend melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well w/ spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well-blended. Stir in chips. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 min or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. (always err on the side of undercooking brownies, and I often add a bit more cocoa to these :) )

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Yum for deep dish brownies!

Amy said...

Oh my crap. I want those. Right this second.