Sunday, January 6, 2008

Artichoke Shrimp


NOTE: This isnt a pretty dish. My photos arent great bc, well, it just isnt pretty. But dont let that deter you - it tastes FAB.
This is one of my favorite meals and I can not believe it has been so long since I made it last. I came up with this years ago when I was on South Beach and wanted a hearty dinner with lots of roughage while still diet-friendly. I add noodles for ryan or anyone else who wants them.
These quantities made just enough for 5 people with only a tiny bit left over.
in your largest skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil with 1.5 onions, chopped, and 4 cloves of garlic, smashed. Heat over medium until onion is transluscent. Add 6 plum tomatos, diced, and 2 bags of baby spinach (add in stages - as the spionach wilts you can add more). Add 2 cans of Artichoke hearts, torn in half and drained. Add 6-9 more tomatos, 2 pounds of shrimp (thawed, peeled, deveined), and a generous handful of pine nuts. Cover and cook stirring occassionally until shrimp is opaque through.
Add 4 oz of feta, crumbled, on top and cover for 1 more minute until its softened. Stir and top with the remaining 4 oz of feta to serve.
Great plain or over noodles!


1 comment:

Erika said...

Oooh, that looks really tasty! I love artichoke hearts and pine nuts and everything you've got in here.