Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's not Christmas without...



Peanut Butter Kisses

48 kisses

1/2 c shortening(I always use butter)
3/4 c peanut butter

1/3 c granulated sugar

1/3 c packed (light-I always just use the dark I already have on hand)brown sugar

1 egg

2 T milk

1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

granulated sugar

1.Heat oven to 375, Remove wrappers from kisses.

2.In large bowl,beat shortening and peanut butter until well blended. Add 1/3 c sugar and brown sugar, beat til light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture.

Shape dough into 1" balls.Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet
3. Bake 8 to 10 min or until lightly browned. Immediately place kiss on top of each cookie, pressing down so cookie cracks around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.




OR....



Cutouts!




I love love love this recipe. Its a butter cookie recipe, as opposed to a sugar cookie recipe. The difference being, of course, the buttery flavor which I love!

I use the Rich Rolled butter cookie dough from my mom's Joy of Cooking (they changed the recipe in mine so I have the old recipe written in).

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
Beat well.
Add: 1 large egg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla (I make it 2 because I like the added flavor).
Stir in 2.5 cups of flour until well-mixed and smooth.
Wrap the dough in plastic and put in the fridge.

When chilled, roll out on floured wax paper and cut out!

Place on greased cookie sheet and decorate with sprinkles. Bake at 350 degrees, 8 to 10 min

No comments: