Sunday, January 6, 2008

Rosemary-Roasted Parsnips


Parsnips are one of our new favorite veggies from 2007 so when I saw this recipe on Bhutanese Red Rice blog, I printed it out to try.

I really liked this take on plain roasted parsnips - I find the parsnip to be more mild than sweet potatos or carrots, but Ryan finds them to have a stronger flavor, and did not pick up on the lime and rosemary and cayenne like I did. I thought they added a great dimension myself!

ROASTED PARSNIPS WITH ROSEMARY, CAYENNE AND LIME

Chop up some parsnips into cubes or matchsticks.
For 3 cups chopped parsnips:
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Put 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil on a metal baking sheet, add salt to taste. Toss the parsnips around in the oil. Spread them on the sheet.
Place two or three whole rosemary sprigs on the sheet. Bake the parsnips for 25 minutes (or until golden and crisp on the edges), shaking and tossing them around once in between.
Take them out, sprinkle cayenne powder and lime juice, garnish with fresh rosemary, and dig in.

No comments: