Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sesame Green Beans


This is from the Jamuary issue of Everyday Food. I am not a big green beans fan but Ryan likes em so I make them occasionally. THis was a interesting recipe - very good! I over-peppered them though so I didnt eat much, but Ryan ate his and mine :) I forgot to grab Sesame Oil, which is a big flavor, so I will try them again sometime with it.


Serves 4
1 pound green beans, trimmed
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (I just used olive oil instead)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Directions
Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil. Add green beans to basket; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add green beans and sesame seeds; season with salt and pepper, and toss.

No comments: