Friday, September 7, 2007

Christy's pork


For the newest cooking board challenge, I needed to make a really good sandwich and my husband suggested pork. I remembered that we had gone to a dinner at my friend Christy's where she made some awesome pork and had shared the marinade on email. Thanks to the gmail search option, I was able to find it and make it and it was AWESOME! SO good - so Wyst - thanks! :)


Marinade (worked perfectly for 2 tenderloins totalling about 2.5 pounds) Combine:


1/2 cup canola oil

1/3 cupe soy sauce

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

3 T lemon juice

2 T worcestershire sauce

1 clove garlic

1 T parsley

1 T Mustard

1 tsp pepper


Let the pork marinate in the liquid for 4+ hours. She cooked it on the grill but our grill is out of commission so I replicated that by cooking it on med high on a pan on teh stove (then dropping heat) until it reached the proper temp (155 degrees). It took maybe 30 min or so.


We are definitely adding this as our pork marinade, and it tasted great in the sandwiches (entry to come)

No comments: