Friday, September 7, 2007

Cole Slaw





For the challenge I am participating in, I needed to make cole slaw. I wanted something light and easy! I am not a big fan of it usually so I didnt want to kill myself. Most of the recipes I found were either full of mayo or required the sauce to be cooked. Then, I stumbled on a rachael Ray recipe, which I used. Yum-o! It was actually GOOD - even to this non-slaw eater. And was just right for my sandwiches.

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it
1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads
1 teaspoon salt Salt and pepper

Mix vinegar and sugar. Add oil. Add cabbage to dressing and season with salt and pepper. Toss with fingers to combine. Adjust seasoning. Let stand 20 minutes. Re-toss and serve.

No comments: