Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mini Pavlovas



Not a bad pic for being taken outside when it was pitch black out eh!


Last week I went to see Kansas play in Simsbury and we did a big picnic dinner. I wanted to make a light summery dessert and have been wanting to make pavlovas all summer and this seemed like the perfect chance. I used teh directions from Nigella Lawsons How to Eat since I wanted to get the time/temps right. Makes 18 mini pavlovas.


Meringues




8 egg whites
sugar
cornstarch
white vinegar

For specific quantities and baking instructions, see Nigella Lawsons cookbook!

After baking, leave in the oven until ready to serve (so they dont get soggy or dry out).







Top each pavlova with whipped cream (quart of whipping cream, powdered sugar to taste, and I used vanilla beans but vanilla extract would be fine) whipped unitl very stiff. If travelling, pack on ice and wrap in plastic or tight lid.


Top with fresh fruits (I used strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries).


These were really very easy and SUCH A HIT. Yummy. And bonus, my food-allergy-ridden sis could eat them, minus the fruit :)

No comments: