Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baked Mustard Chicken


This is a recipe I got from my mom. I know she got it from somewhere else but I have no clue where...




This was very yummy and so easy - I like finding recipes that are baked since they are "fix and forget" allowing me time to make sides while the main dish bakes.




This was really good but next time I will remember not to take baking time advice from the woman who's oven doesnt really work ;) I ended up cooking it for 45 minutes and it was definitely done 5-10 minutes earlier... so it was a bit dry. The flavor was great though!!




1 - 4 pound chicken in pieces OR I just did 4 breasts - with skin and bone but remove the skin prior to dredging. The bone gives it some extra flavor it seems. I cut the breasts in half as well and scored the meat to allow more of the sauce to seep in.


Preheat oven to 400.


Mix 3 TBL whole grain mustard, 2 TBL soy sauce, 1/4 tsp pepper in big bowl.


Add chicken & stir to coat.


Combine (my version) 1 lb baby carrots and 2 chunked onions in a roasting pan. Drizzle w/2 TBL olive oil, 1/2 salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 8 sprigs thyme. (recipe also calls for fennel bulb but I dont like it)


Nestle chicken among the veggies. Cook until tender and done, "45-50" min - takes my mom more like an hour and it was overdone at 45 for me... Good over rice.

No comments: