Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Strawberry Crepes




Ryan requested that I try making crepes when I asked for breakfast suggestions last weekend. Man they are HARD! Definitely a few went in hte trash! But then I got the hang of it... yum! I used this recipe from william sonoma, with the addition of some vanilla beans mmm.

These crepes can be used with a variety of sweet or savory fillings. They're the perfect foundation for our souffléd crepes
Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1/2 Tbs. melted unsalted butter, plus 8 tsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
Directions:
In a blender, combine the milk, egg, flour, the 1/2 Tbs. melted butter and the salt and blend until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours. In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 tsp. of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Lift the pan at a slight angle and pour 2 Tbs. of the batter into the center, tilting the pan to spread the batter to the edges. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the crepe is golden underneath, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes 8 crepes.
Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.


Simply served with sliced strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Sooo good...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely still to scared to try my hand at crepes; i don't have nearly enough finesse. but this makes me want to try. what an excellend vehicle for strawberries and cream!

MrsSchoon said...

Those look awesome! I can imagine they would be difficult to make.

Sweet Sam said...

Oh I've been so tempted to try to make crepes, but can never get the nerve up to try it again, but they sound so good right about now! You may have just inspired me to try them again!