Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Balsamic Strawberries YOU FOOL!


I have been wanting to make fools for a while now but just never got around to it. Stop and Shop has had great strawberries lately, so we have an abundance, and some were getting a bit peaked looking... perfect opportunity! I wanted to try something a bit different for it, though, so I macerated the (sliced, cleaned, stemmed) berries in a few tablespoons of balsamic for about an hour first, then shot them through the cuisinart with a tablespoon of sugar. The balsamic flavor was subtle but same through and gave a nice acidity to the fruit. They would be great seved sliced over vanilla ice cream too!


Meanwhile, I whipped some cream (no sugar added). Fold in the berries and serve! These can be made ahead a little and refridgerated. SO good...


I use about 1 cup of whipping cream and a little less than a pint of berries.

This made about 4 martini glasses worth, but it is very rich so I think that it would be plenty for 6 as well.


I will definitely experiment with other fruit this summer!

2 comments:

That Girl said...

I am seriously in absolute awe that you were brilliant enough to make a fool on April fool's day.

Joy Through Cooking said...

LOL sadly I wasnt that smart... I made them last week! I should have saved them for yesterday though! Next yr...