Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chilean Sea Bass



I went to Whole Foods for my annual trip this weekend and brough home some fabulous fish - including gorgeous Chilean Sea Bass. It was pricey to half is in the freezer and we each had about a quarter pound. It was to DIE for. SO GOOD. And how fancy is that photo?!


I cooked the fish simply - pan fried with a little EVOO over medium high. It didnt take long - maybe 10 minuts or less total. Nice and crispy crust. Fab.


I served it over a wilted spinach saute:

I heated 1 cube of garlic (the frozen kind) with oil and 1/4 a yellow onion, diced. Once soft, I added 1 small yellow tomato, diced and a handful or chanterelle mushrooms, chopped. Once those were also soft I added some pine nuts and turned the heat to low. Fold in baby spinach (about 1/2 a bag) and toss with feta. Yummm.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S! I love chilean seabass and I have never bought it to make at home.