Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Faux Key Lime "Souffle"




This is a recipe (if you can even call it that!!) that I picked up from the free william sonoma demo class on Souffles a few weeks back. They share a more complicated recipe that involved homemade curd but as a simple, quick option, store bought curd was just as good (we even did a taste test in the class :) )


I used the Key Lime curd, 1 jar. Take 1 cup of heavy cream and whip it. Whip it good. :-p When the cream has formed stiff peaks, stir in 1/2 of the curd until combined. Then, fold in 1/3, and then fold in the final third.


Add to dish (one large souffle dish, I just did individual servings in little pyrex dishes) and chill in the fridge until ready to serve (a few hours minimum). Top with addl whipped cream, fresh fruit, etc. Very refreshing, easy!

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I made lemon curd a couple weekends ago just so I could make some lemon souffle. Looks like I could have just bought it! In my defense, I'm not smart enough to know you can buy lemon curd ;-)