Saturday, April 5, 2008

Balsamic-Rosemary Marinated Chicken


I sometimes like to go to the cooking demo's at William Sonoma - they are free and are nice for explaining or introducing to new cooking techniques or ingredients. Now, balsamic isnt new for me, but I adore it so wanted to see some new ways to use it. The lady there made (among other things) this marinade for chicken and it was so good, that I made it at home the next day. FAB! Ryan loved it too. I think it would be great on a pork tenderloin too.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbs. soy sauce
4 1/2 tsp. firmly packed golden brown sugar
3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
5 garlic cloves, chopped

Directions:

In a food processor, combine the vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper and pulse until blended. With the motor running, drop the rosemary and garlic through the feed tube and continue to process until fairly smooth.

I marinated it in a large bag with 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces, for about 1 hour. Then, I cooked them on a hot pan until done through and slightly caramelized. Yummm

3 comments:

That Girl said...

I don't think my WS does free demos - I know they have "classes" which cost money. I'm going to look into this more.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl
contact me at ashishbaldua4@gmail.com to know more.

thx-Ashish

Anonymous said...

Looks DELICIOUS!