Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fajita Night

I decided to do healthy Fajitas tonight. This is an entree that I typically order at mexican restaurants since I like the veggies and meat with guac, minus the tortilla, but I can easily serve Ryan's wth a tortilla.





First, I made some guac.

3 Avocados, pitted and peeled and diced

1 tomato, diced

1 red onion, diced

small handful of cilantro

2 limes, squeezed

Sprinkle of Kosher Salt


Mash together with a fork (I prefer my guac chunky but you certainly could make it smoother if you prefer). It was so good! Ryan isnt a big avocado fan and even he liked it (since they were so flavorful from the limes and cilantro etc).





Next, pico de gallo (funny story: told my mom I was going to make some pico and got the resonse "whattttt?!?!?!?! is that?!?!?!" heh heh heh).


Couple tomatos, diced

1 red onion, diced

generous handful of cilantro

3 (I think) limes, squeezed (to taste)

sprinle of kosher salt





For the Fajitas themselves, I bought some steak at the store (saved by getting a big pack and splitting it, freezing 1/2 for another time). I let the steak sit in the fridge with the juice of 1 lime and a little EVOO. Not sure if that did anything for it really though. Cooked the steak on a really hot pan to get it nice and dark on the outside and medium in the center. Cut cooked beef into bite size chunks.




In a separate pan, I cooked some peppers (green white and orange) and onions with a tiny bit of EVOO in a hot pan till cooked through with some crispy dark edges.


Ryan got a couple whole wheate tortillas to put his together with and I just ate mine on the plate. Really good meal, definitely added to the rotation!

No comments: