Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mojito Chicken Bowls


I got this recipe from Jessy's Blog


I made it one other time and Ryan descibed it as "better than Christmas" so needless to say, I knew to make it again :) I saved it for when my sister and brother came over since it makes a ton... but then I ended up doubling it anyhow!


1.5 pounds of chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces.


Cook these in a skillet seasoned generously with Carribbean Spice Blend (the first time I used more of the spices and think I will use more next time) and with a generous splash of white rum. I added more rum as they cooked - it made the chicken nice and tender. When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan.


In the same pan, sautee 1 onion, chopped, and 3-4 cloves of garlic with a tiny bit of EVOO. When they are nice and browned, add 1 can of black beans, drained, and 1 can of corn, drained. Heat through and then add 1 jar of Cuban Mojito Sauce from Trader Joes. Mix the chicken in, and serve over rice.


It was a huge hit! We also had rice (I just used the caribbean seasonings - my sister has a wheat allergy and all the store bought mixed contain wheat or something else she is allergic to) and leftover guac and tostitos, salad.

No comments: