Friday, August 3, 2007

When the cat's away, the mouse shall...





...eat avocado! :) Ryan puts up wiht avocado now and then as long as it isnt the main star but I have been on such an avocado kick lately myself. So when he went down to PA to help a friend move, I took the opportunity to eat avocado :) I amended the Martha stewart dish I made, below. Sliced the kernals off an ear of corn and cooked them in a teeny bit of oil until soft. The mixed in: 1 tomato, diced, a small handful of cilantro roughly chopped, 2 limes, squeezed, about 1/2 a red onion, diced, and 1 avocado diced. Mixed together and topped a steak with the avocado mixture. Served along with another fav of mine that I could eat daily that ryan DOES like... just not as much as me - asparagus roasted with kosher salt and sesame seeds (recipe earlier in blog). Throw in some Luna di Luna Char/pinot Grigio and finish it off with an Edy's Slow Churned Cookies n Cream ice cream bar (omg so good and ONLY 150 cal!!!!)



Yummmmm!


Part two:
I made a ton of the topping and I remember how good it was after sitting int he fridge overnight (flavors mingled). I cooked up some chicken breast (tenderloin cut) and topped them with the same mixture. Served with an ear of fabulous corn and a tiny summer squash sauteed with onion, garlic oil, and parmesan. And of course the vino! I was so satisfied after this meal that no ice cream was necessary (!!!). Good thing about this: I have leftover topping and chix which will be today's lunch.




Better thing: these dinners were both super healthy and with my sensible bfast and lunches, exercise, etc... as of this morning I am down another pound :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

Yummy- the avocado looks so fresh and tasty in your pics, and I love the idea of using with corn and tomato to make a salsa of sorts. I love that fatty green veggie (or is it a fruit?) and never have enough reasons to enjoy it... thanks for sharing!