Tuesday, August 21, 2007

RR Chicken in Mustard Tarragon Sauce



This recipe is from Rach Ray's 365: No Repeats Cookbook (which Ryan was nice enough to surprise me with last week!). This is recipe number 296 in it, and it was AWESOME. I basically followed the recipe, changes noted.




4 Chicken Breast halves (I used 2 then cooked up one more to have for ryans leftovers with the extra sauce)


1 T fresh Thyme (I used dry)


juice from 1 lemon


Salt and Pepper


EVOO


3/4 cup chix stock


3 heaping TB dijon mustard (I used spicy brown since its what we had)


1/2 cup heavy cream (I used low fat sour cream - again, what we had)


3 shallots finely chopped (forgot these at the store, used 1 onion instead)


1 I flour


3 T fresh tarragon (I used dry)


1 pound asparagus




Hmm. I guess I did do alot of edits huh!




Season chicken with: salt, pepper, thyme, lemon juice. Heat a large nonstick pan over med high heat with EVOO (i used a regular SS pan), Add seasoned chicken to pan and cook 5-6 minutes or till cooked through (definitely takes longer than 5-6 per side). Chicken gets a nice brown crust :) Remove from pan and cover with foil. Add shallots to pan plus extra EVOO and cook stirring for 2 min. Add flour and cook another minute. Add chicken stock, mustard and thicken. Add cream, tarragon.


Meanwhile bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a pot and add the asparagus. Steam until just done, 3-4 min.




Sreve the chicken over the asparagus, and top with sauce!



We finished with the dieters version of a summer dessert... watermelon! Marshall from Rosedales gave me a baby watermelon last week and said we would like it, and we sure did... look at that color!

No comments: