Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Strawberry Salsa with Fish






Ages ago, I saw a recipe for strawberry salsa with pork and I starred it to try later. I decided to have it on salmon (for me) and tuna (for Ryan) instead though.


It was really good, different, but the flavors worked together really well!


Salsa:

Diced Strawberries (approx 1/2 pint)

Diced Papaya (a little less than there are strawberries)
diced red onion (1/4 to 1/2 onion)

chopped Cilantro
juice from 1 lime


Mix and let sit.


I just cooked the salmon without anything added but it probably would have been good with lime. I felt there would be enough flavor from the salsa.





My salmon cooking method:

Put a little EVOO in a non-stick pan and heat to medium high. Add fish and cook on either side about 2 minutes to golden and crispy. Lower heat to med-low/medium and cover. Let cook about 10-15 minutes or until done through. I usually turn it at least once through the process to ensure even cooking.



Tuna cooking:


I just peppered the tuna steak, then seared each side in a hot pan.

This was really very good. I think we will try it again for sure! Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This salsa looks wonderful! What a nice topping for the fish.