Friday, August 10, 2007

Lemon Garlic Shrimp


I ran out of time and didnt make this in quite as planned but it came out great so I guess it was a happy accident! I have had trouble with shrimp in the past (overcooking) but am slowly getting there. I bought shrimp (the 20ish size) raw - thawed and peeled them completely.


In a large pan, i squeezed 3 lemons and added a generous amt of crushed garlic (about 1/2 a head) and a generous splash of white wine (Luna di Luna Char/Pinot Grigio). Heated it up, then dumped all the shrimp in, plus about 10-20 cherry tomatos, sliced. Cooked over medium heat stirring often and watching carefully.


Towards the end, I squeezed one more lemon in. Really, SO good. This is definitely on the make-again list. Would be good with some wilted spinach, too and/or pasta. Ryan suggested making it as surf n turf sometime, too.

No comments: