Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Berry Crumble

We had a whole bunch of cherries and blueberries and I knew the cherries (local pinka nd white ones and huge sweet red ones) wouldnt kepe much longer, especially since today we pick up our first farm share. So Monday night I made a crumble, and this is Moira-safe too (it has gluten in the topping but no flour, cooked berries)







I pitted the cherries and added all of them plus about 1/2 pint of blueberries to a small loaf pan and mixed them up. For the topping, I cut about 1/2 stick of butter into about 3/4 cup of oats, plus a tsp of cinnamon and a couple TB of brown sugar. Baked about 30 min at 350 until top was starting to brown. YUM!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Man, I think I need to try this combo - blueberries are my hubby's favorite, and cherries are mine. Sounds perfect! :)