Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Chicken with Feta and Tomatos




This was my 2nd time making this dish and it was not quote as amazingly yummilicious as the first time. I think I know where I messed up though!




Approx 1.5 pounds chicken breast


3 large tomatos, chopped into bite size pieces


handful or two of baby spinach


EVOO


small handful of pine nuts


4 cloves garlic, diced


1 small red onion diced


1 block of feta cheese (I used about 2/3 of a block but I loooove feta)




saute the EVOO, garlic and red onion in a pan until slightly brown. Add chicken break to hot pan and brown each side. lower temp to medium and add about 2/3 of the tomatos. Cover pan and let cook until chicken is almost done, about 10 min (depending on thickness). Add remaining tomatos, spinach, pine nuts and 2/3 of the feta. Recover and let finish cooking. Add remaining tomatos and mix together. On the plate, top the chicken breast with the tomato mixture from the pan then crumble some of the leftover feta on top. YUM




(What I did wrong this time: Added the tomatos and feta way too early)

No comments: