Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Squash and Onions


Such an easy veggie dish and I love it! We have been getting alot of summer squash from our farm share and this is my fav way to prepare it.


Chop up some squash (i cut into rounds then cut those in half) and an onion (1 med to large onion to 2 squash) and put it in a hot pan with a little bit of oil (I have been using garlic oil and its so yummy but EVOO is good too or any other flavored oil). I cook it all on high stirring often so it gets brown around the edges but not burned. They I turn it to low until Im ready to serve. Right before serving I sprinkly with parmesan and turn it over so the cheese melts. really really good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just gotta tell you, I've been looking for a simple recipe to use up the last of our yellow squash, ran across this tonight and tried it....VERY good!I just added a little chopped garlic....and My hubby who is not a big fan of squash really liked it.....So, THANKS!