Friday, July 13, 2007

Chicken with Wax Beans and Soy




We got Wax Beans in our first Farm Share (I forgot to list that and the cherries in my last post! Oops!) And I knew we were eating out all wknd so I wanted to integrate them into our entree since we were already having the beets and beet greens as sides and I didnt want to give Ryan veggie overload! Plus... Im not a huge fan of plain green beans and figured the same would hold true for the wax kind (Note: I steamed the 2nd half for dinner the other day and they werent my fav plain but not NEARLY as gross as green beans ;) ). SO I tried to think of what dishes normally have green beans in them that I could do and Chinese food - chicken with beans - came to mind. I have never made chinese food and know that I was eons away from authentic... but this was the inspiration. And it turned out REALLY good! Ryan said it had a chinese flair to it and I liked it WAY better than chinese (which I am lukewarm on) plus it was healthier :)




1.5 pounds of thin sliced chicken breasts, cut into bit size pieces


4-5 clove garlic, minced


about 6 green onions (scallions) green part only chopped into approx 1 inch long pieces


approx 1/2 to 1 pound wax beans washed and chopped into 1/2s and 1/3s.


low sodium soy sauce (enough to cover)




Put all the ingredients into a large ziplock freezer bag and top wiht the soy sauce (enough to marinate in). Let sit about 30 min (longer would be fine Im sure but I didnt have time!)


Dump into a hot pan and stir often until chicken is done through. Serve!

No comments: