Tuesday, July 24, 2007

PLATINUM CHEF take 3







I am really late in posting this, but I DID make the meal within the time allotted - Im just really bad about uploading my pics ;) This challenge's ingredients were: seafood, honey, onion, wine, and peanut butter. Part one of my meal came out great... part two was a flop. Ah well!







Honey Shrimp Skewers




2 pounds of Shrimp (The jumbo size I wanted was out so instead of going down a size I went up... it was pricey but YUM!)
1 red pepper, chopped

1 yellow pepper, chopped

1 bag of cherry tomatos
about 1/2 a fresh pineapple, cut into chunks


1 vidalia onion, chopped into large pieces

Marinade:


(amts are approximate)
1/2 cup EVOO
2 cups pineapple juice
a few TBL ground ginger

2 cups of white wine (I used the Luna di luna pinot/char blend I had leftover)


I amde sure that there was enough to cover all the shrimp and veggies and pineapple in a LARGE sealed bowl in the fridge. Marinated it for about 6 hours (do less for smaller shrimp).


Skewered the shimp and veggies and pineapple and cooked it on a flat pan on high heat basting with a mixture of: 3/4 cup honey plus 1/4 cup melted butter frequently. (note: this would have been WAY easier with a working grill... lol)


Rice: I made jasmine rice - 1 cup rice cooked in 3/4 cup coconut milk (no sugar added) and 1/4 cup water. I think for 30 min - directions were on the bag for cook time. Serve veggies, pineapple and shrimp over the rice. Voila! It was really yummy but made a MESS in the kitchen!




The Flop: Honey PB Fudge




My idea was to made a fudge that was a layer of PB Fudge and a Layer of Honey Fundge (editing a recipe for Maple fudge). Wellll my honey fudge recipe was a bad one... Im not gonna bother posting the recipes but you can see form the pic.... plus it was just too sickeningly sweet. Oh well - better luck next time!




No comments: