Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fantabulous Roasted Asparagus




This is truly one of my favorite dishes. Never thought I would say that about ASPARAGUS but omg its good. Its to me, a good substitution for fries! I got the recipe orignially from a nestie (who are you???) and it was a martha recipe http://tinyurl.com/32b6v5 which I make by rote now. I prefer to use thin asparagus nstead of thick as martha recommends. It gets crispier that way!


1 bunch of asparagus - thin (note: it does cook down and I can eat one whole bunch myself... but then i REALLY luff this stuff)


EVOO


Kosher Salt


Sesame seeds




Preheat oven to 450. Rinse asparagus and snap off tough ends. Snap spears into 1/2s or 1/3s and put on a cookie pan with raised edge. Drizzle with a little EVOO and a little kosher salt (err on the side of less, it can always be added. I tend to oversalt and you cant take it away) and toss with tongs so the asparagus is well-coated and spread around the pan evenly and thinly.




Cook for 5 min, take out and toss. Cook 5 more min. Take out and sprinkly with sesame seeds and toss. Cook 5 more minutes. Asparagus should be crispy looking and brown in spots. YUMMM.

No comments: